Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Beginning of Something Special...

Ladies and Gentlemen...well mostly gentlemen unless of course my wife decides to read, I welcome you to the newest Pittsburgh Pirates blog, "Jose Guillen and the Freak Show."  The name of the blog gives insight into just how business as usual around here will run.  Mostly the content of the blog will be series previews and recaps as the Bucs play through the season.  Also, there will be the occasional post about random team happenings, the minor league affiliates or even just observations from around Major League Baseball.  In addition, there will also be a regular look back at the team that inspired the name of the blog, the 1997 Pittsburgh Pirates.  These Pirates were the last Pittsburgh Baseball Club team to be competitive throughout the season and hopefully a look back will inspire the 2011 edition of the Buccos to conjure up some of that magic and rise to some sense of mediocrity.  One can only hope.  In advance of your readership I thank you for spending the time to keep up with me and the Pirates throughout the season and while you're here go and check out my buddy Cameron's blog about the Phillies, High Hopes.  I may despise the Phillies, but Cameron's the man and if I will be reading, you should too.  So without further adieu, Let's Go Bucs.

No comments:

Post a Comment