Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ryan Vogelsong...?

So as I sit at home today, sick with intestinal distress (yeah, not good) I realized that the Pirates were going to play an afternoon game against the Giants and that more importantly it would be televised.  When I turned on the pregame a few minutes ago, I was surprised to discover that one Mr. Ryan Vogelsong would be making his first start in over 5 years against the Buccos today.  Many of you may remember Vogelsong as Charlie Morton before Charlie Morton was Charlie Morton.  Vogelsong had amazing stuff and was billed as the next young Pirates ace.  However, all of us know how that story ended.  Vogelsong was used as a starter for only a year and went 6-13 with a 6.50 ERA in 26 starts.  The next year he was moved to the bullpen and then the year after that he was on his way to pitching in Japan.  Now he is back and had his contract purchased early this year by the Giants when Barry Zito got hurt.  I don't know what to think about today's game, but I have this funny feeling that he is going to pitch really well against his old team.  Hopefully I'm wrong and he lives up to everything I know him to be.  Let's Go Bucs.

No comments:

Post a Comment