Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Where Have You Gone Ben...?

I know I haven't posted anything in quite some time but I just returned from the Bahamas (be jealous) and I am trying to get back into normal life.  With that being said, I plan to preview the last two games against the Mets and then have a big preview for the weekend series against the Phillies.  I will be at the ball park both Saturday and Sunday and hope to have some sort of live blog or visiting team reaction from my buddy Cameron who will be in town to take in the games.  Until tonight's Mets preview I leave you with this nugget of baseball goodness courtsey of the Elias Sports Bureau:

From Elias: James McDonald allowed one run in six innings for the Pirates in their win over the Mets Tuesday night. Pittsburgh's starting pitchers have not allowed more than two earned runs in any of their last 12 games, the longest such streak for any team in the major leagues this season and the longest by the Bucs since 1984. The Pirates starting pitchers during their 12-game streak in 1984 were John Candelaria, Larry McWilliams, John Tudor, Jose DeLeon, Rick Rhoden and Lee Tunnell.

And everyone thought it was the pitching that was going to struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment