Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pirates vs. Brewers: 8.23.11

Sorry I have been absent from posting lately.  Yesterday my dad and I took in the doubleheader against the Brewers and if you want to know what I thought about it.  Check me out on twitter (@bfollett21) since that is how I was reacting while I was at the game last night.  Tonight's game sees Ross Ohlendorf return to the team to make his first start since April 8th (wow).  He will be opposed by Marco Estrada who shut down the Pirates the last time they saw him, going 5 innings while allowing no runs on 1 hit.  I don't expect Ohlendorf to be very good, but hopefully he pitches like the power pitcher he can be rather than the sissy pitch to contact guy that he has shown in the past.  I know the guy can ramp it up into the mid 90's so that is what I want to see from him tonight.  Hopefully that, and the Pirates pitchers continue to dominate Prince Fielder who was 0 for the doubleheader last night.  In the end, tonight's game is about building on the momentum and the feeling of success that the ballclub has from finally beating the Brewers (and doing it pretty handily, I might add) and allowing that one game success turn into something I like to call a winning streak.  Let's Go Bucs.

P.S. If you haven't heard, Jose Tabata signed an extremely team friendly 6 year contract that buys up all his arbitration years.  The deal will pay Tabata $500,000 this year, $750,000 in 2012, 1 million in 2013, 3 million in 2014, 4 million in 2015 and 4.5 million in 2016.  The deal also includes team options for Tabata's first THREE free agency years.  Those would be 6.5 million for 2017, 7.5 million for 2018 and 8.5 million for 2019.  Talk about a deal.  Wow.  Tabata loves playing in Pittsburgh and this deal should allow the talented outfielder to patrol right field in PNC Park for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment